Please note that this course is running at multiple dates throughout the year.
If you would like to begin your training at Level 3 the please click here for course dates
The Level 1 award is an introduction to Forest School principles. It is ideal for people who want to find out more about learning through Forest School. Potential learners could already work in a school with a Forest School site or those contemplating the exciting thought of introducing the concept at their own setting.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
– Understand the Forest School approach to learning.
– Be able to participate in a Forest School experience.
– Understand methods of identification of woodland species.
– Understand the impact of Forest School on the woodland environment.
– Understand hazards at Forest School.
Level 1 candidates must:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Have an interest in learning about the principles of Forest School.
- Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate.
This is a day course and takes place at the Inspired Forest School site. There will be classroom-based theory tasks and practical outdoor activities. The course consists of 25 Guided Learning Hours – this is the number of hours (on average) of supervised or directed study time in order to achieve the qualification.
Full training details, including information about our online training portal, will be provided for all candidates upon booking.
The cost of the Level 1 Award (accredited by the Open College Network) is £200.
Course dates for 2017/18
The next available for date Level 1 training is available on our COURSE DATES page. This is a one day course, earning credits that can be used a later date towards your Level 2 or Level 3 Forest School qualification.
CLICK HERE to book this course