The Level 2 award is our Forest School Assistant training course. It is ideal for people who want to work within a Forest School site, alongside a qualified Forest School Leader, as learners will gain the skills to support and assist.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
- Understanding sustainable woodland management at a Forest School
- Understand the role of risk assessment at Forest School
- Be able to carry out practical tasks
- Understand how a Forest School can support an individual’s learning and development
- Know how experience can support learning and development at a Forest School
- Be able to perform the role of Assistant at a Forest School
Level 2 candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an interest in learning about the principles of Forest School
- Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate
- Have experience of working with children or young people
- Assist in 3 practical Forest School sessions run by a Level 3 Forest School Leader, recording evidence for you training log
The course consists of 48 Guided Learning Hours – this is the number of hours (on average) of supervised or directed study time in order to achieve the qualification.
Full training details will be provided for all candidates upon booking.
The cost of the Level 2 Award (accredited by the Open College Network) is £450
Please be aware that you do not have to achieve Level 1 or Level 2 in order to reach Level 3 – you can start your training at any level.
If you have decided that this training is for you then please give us a call or email us. Courses will run alongside the Level 3 dates, but we have limited Level 2 places available. Thank you.