Let us inspire your journey with small groups, innovative training and experiences in a working Forest School.
Forest School Leader Training
Here at Inspired Forest School Training, our aim is to provide you with high quality Forest School training in Gloucestershire because the principles of Forest School matter to us.
What is Forest School?
First of all, Forest School is a unique approach to learning with child-led play at its centre. Children are offered curriculum-linked activities that all small and achievable. This allows students to build self-esteem, resilience and confidence. Sessions are facilitated by the adults (at least one Level Three Forest School Leader) in the group. This regular access to nature and risk taking allows individuals to reach their full potential. The roots of Forest School can be traced to Scandinavia, where being outside is the norm!
Having 10 years experience of teaching this way, we know that we are in a strong position to train students. Our key aim as a non-profit making company is to enable more children to access this wonderful style of learning. We are lucky to be able to offer our trainees the opportunity to learn alongside children as we have strong partnerships with local schools and businesses. Why choose anywhere else? Join us and let’s inspire together!
What is Forest School Training?
As a result of this, and as part of our unique Forest School Training, students will observe and participate in numerous Forest School settings. As a results the coursework and objectives will be much easier to access and achieve. Students will also feel more confident in the process of setting up and running their own Forest School settings.
These experiences allow our trainees maximum opportunity for practical learning with the ones who matter most in Forest School – the children. Forest School is an inspirational process offering everyone the opportunity to succeed through small, achievable tasks. Furthermore, sessions focus upon participants taking well calculated risks.
What Forest School courses do we offer?
Our Forest School Training courses include Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Forest School Leader training as well as a series of development days. The level that you can begin at depends on your experience, age and qualifications.
As part of our unique courses, we will guide and support you every step of the way.
We also offer Forest School professional development courses -we like to call these FOREST SCHOOL PLUS – such as Natural Mindfulness with Ian Banyard of Cotswold Natural Mindfulness, Advanced Forest School Tool Use with Touchwood Crafts and Achievable Willow Weavingwith Helen of Glos Arts and Crafts Centre. If you receive Sports Premium funding then all of our courses can be funded using this. Click here to find out more. We look forward to helping you to reach your full potential.
All courses are accredited by the Open College Network, West Midlands.
Forest School principles
Finally, throughout our Forest School Training, we follow the key principles of Forest School from its Scandinavian roots. These principles have been set out by the Forest School Association (FSA):
Meet the trainer
Shane is our Forest School Leader and QCF trainer. He has been a Forest School Leader for 11 years and is nothing less than a Forest School expert! Since completing his qualification in 2007, he has established three Forest School sites, worked with thousands of children at Forest School sessions, welcomed colleagues and visiting staff locally and from Europe… READ MORE
- Forest School Kit List INSPIRED FOREST SCHOOL KIT LIST Here is a comprehensive Forest School Leader kit list. All...
- Forest School Course date... L3 Forest School Leader training SEPTEMBER 2018 5 days in September 2018 days plus...
- Inspired Forest School ::... This is our Forest School Level 3 Leader qualification. It is designed for professionals who w...
- Sports Premium funding The Government has in a bid to increase the level of physical activity children are exposed to. H...
- Level 1 – Forest Sc... Please note that this course is running at multiple dates throughout the year. If you would lik...
A word from our trainees
Latest from our blog
- Forest School @ 2000 Trees music festivalAugust 12, 2018After a wicked weekend of rock at 2000 Trees Festival, it was nice to read a review in The […]
- Project Wild ThingJuly 3, 2018Project Wild thing was set up by one man and his family when he realised that he needed to take on […]
- From daisies to white helleborines – how to get to grips with your plant IDJune 25, 2018From daisies to white helleborines – how to get to grips with your plant ID Plants provide a great […]