We offer Forest School training at Level 3. This is our Forest School Level 3 Leader qualification. It is designed for professionals who want to lead independent Forest School sessions at a setting of their choice.
The course follows 5 key units of work:
– Delivery of a Forest School
– Learning and development at a Forest School
– Planning a Forest School programme
– Forest School and the woodland environment
– Practical skills for a Forest School programme
Level 3 candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have an interest in learning about the principles of Forest School
- Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate
- Be a qualified teacher, play-worker, youth-worker or support worker (to Level 2 or equivalent) or have at least two years experience of working with groups as a leader.
- Have access to a Forest School site and a group of students to deliver practical (and assessed) sessions*
* Please note that if you do not have access to a site that we can provide access at one of our sites
- Complete a paediatric forest aid or outdoor (Forest School) first aid qualification in order to deliver Forest School sessions independently – CLICK HERE FOR FIRST AID
‘Inspired Forest School Training really does live up to its name. With an inspiring course (and tutor), I have learned new skills and added another dimension to my teaching. It was lots of fun too! I would highly recommend this course.’ Kim B, Forest School Leader Level 3 trainee
This Forest School training Level 3 is a 7 day course in total (5 theory and 2 skills days) and takes place at our purpose built base-camp in the grounds of Churchdown Village Junior School. There will be classroom-based theory tasks (in our log cabin), practical outdoor activities and assessed sessions. We will also visit two local woodlands and see Forest School Leaders providing sessions to their target age group in up to three locations. In addition to this, you will be observed within your own setting (or ours if you do not have one), delivering a Forest School session, on a date set with your tutor.
Do you have a question about any of this?
Please email us and we will respond as soon as we can with an answer!
The cost of the Level 3 training course is currently being held at £875 with an increase planned for September 2020 in line with an increase in costs for us. We can offer this as we are a not-for-profit organisation.
Also, unlike other courses where you might have to role-play, we provide opportunities learn alongside children, therefore improving your confidence as a leader.
Having read the information, if you think that this course sounds right for you and you setting then please contact us to book a place. Here at the links you might need:
Thank you for visiting us today and we (hopefully) look forward to welcoming you to the journey with us, here are Inspired Forest School Training – Let’s inspire together!
“Learning so much while having so much fun. Love this course and have met new friends to share the experience with who hope I’ll stay in contact with.Thanks Shane for being a great teacher. Looking forward to hearing what all of us have achieved in the future. Highly recommend this course!!!”
“Inspired Forest School Training really does live up to its name. With an inspiring course (and tutor), I have learned new skills and added another dimension to my teaching. It was lots of fun too! I would highly recommend this course. Thank you Shane.”
“What an action packed 5 days training! Lots of laughter, have-a-go attitude and practical exercises masterfully supported by an experienced tutor. Can’t wait to start trying stuff out on the kids. Thanks”