We offer Forest School training at Level 3. This is our Forest School Level 3 Leader qualification. It is designed for professionals who want to lead independent Forest School sessions at a setting of their choice.
The course follows 5 key units of work:
– Delivery of a Forest School
– Learning and development at a Forest School
– Planning a Forest School programme
– Forest School and the woodland environment
– Practical skills for a Forest School programme
Level 3 candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have an interest in learning about the principles of Forest School
- Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate
- Be a qualified teacher, play-worker, youth-worker or support worker (to Level 2 or equivalent) or have at least two years experience of working with groups as a leader.
- Have access to a Forest School site and a group of students to deliver practical (and assessed) sessions*
* Please note that if you do not have access to a site that we can provide access at one of our sites
- Complete a paediatric forest aid or outdoor (Forest School) first aid qualification in order to deliver Forest School sessions independently – CLICK HERE FOR FIRST AID
‘Inspired Forest School Training really does live up to its name. With an inspiring course (and tutor), I have learned new skills and added another dimension to my teaching. It was lots of fun too! I would highly recommend this course.’ Kim B, Forest School Leader Level 3 trainee
This Forest School training Level 3 is:
- 5 days on site practical experiences:
– Visit a local woodland
– See Forest School Leaders providing sessions to their target age group in up to three location
– Work alongside qualified teachers to support your understanding of EYFS/Curriculum links
- Equivalent of 5 days self-directed theory coursework (see Key Units above).
- In addition to this, you will be observed within your own setting (or ours if you do not have one), delivering a Forest School session, on a date set with your tutor.
Do you have a question about any of this?
Please email us and we will respond as soon as we can with an answer!
The cost of the Level 3 training course is currently being held at £925 (no vat) with an increase planned for September 2023 in line with an increase in costs for us. We can offer this as we are a not-for-profit organisation.
Also, unlike other courses where you might have to role-play, we provide opportunities learn alongside children, therefore improving your confidence as a leader.
Having read the information, if you think that this course sounds right for you and you setting then please contact us to book a place. Here at the links you might need:
Thank you for visiting us today and we (hopefully) look forward to welcoming you to the journey with us, here are Inspired Forest School Training – Let’s inspire together!